If your finger is on the pulse then there’s no doubt you already know about underground star Geko from the Rap collective USG (home to K Koke, Squingy, and EXO & Lefty who are currently on your screens via Top Boy).
Within hours of the pre-order link going live, Geko went straight in at number 9 on the iTunes chart….his fans mean serious business!
Here’s a quick overview of his achievements so far:
– at the age of 15 (he recently turned 16) he became the youngest rapper to ever record a BBC Radio 1 ‘Fire in the Booth” with DJ Charlie Sloth, which has gained almost 330,000 views on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHXmBK2Pjeo).
– Geko is the protégé of K Koke and fellow USG member Squingy and has graced the stages alongside names such as Tinie Tempah and Big Sean which saw him perform in front of his home crowd at Manchester Arena
– Geko has gained over 5 million YouTube hits on his videos which has in turn gained him almost 24,000 Twitter followers
– Geko has also recently recorded a “Burban in the Booth” for Nihal’s Radio 1 show where he named him as “One to Watch”
– The youngest member of USG, (one of the biggest and most successful music collectives in the UK which is also home to ROC Nation’s K Koke)
Although still in school in Manchester, the young star travels on a regular basis to London to record new material providing an enviable work ethic when it comes to his music. Something that hasn’t been overlooked by entrepreneur Jamal Edwards, who snapped up the rapper to record his prestigious SBTV Warm-Up session.
‘Heartless’ is the first official release from Geko and the video will be dropping on the 16th September.